Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yes I Blog - second Blog entry in one day

Maybe it’s odd that I’m writing a second Blog entry in one day - I’ve just finished the first! - but I have something else to say.

I’m just in the process of updating my website to refer to my Blog, which means I have to take down a page that said:

  • “Strange but true. OK maybe not strange to you but some people have asked me if I keep a Blog and I say No. I then go home, think about it and decide it would be a good idea but I still don't do it. Why not?”

Well, as you can see I do now. So I should answer the two reason’s I gave for not Blogging:

  • “Firstly I keep a work diary, by keeping it closed I can think more freely. I think it was Dag Hammarskjold (second secretary general of the UN) who advocated “open agreements arrived at by secret means”; (In contrast to Wood Wilson who called for "open agreements openly arrived at".) His logic was that sometimes you needed to change your position, and this was easier done in secret. I feel the same way.”

Well, maybe I’m making a rod for my own back and I’ll regret it later. For the moment I’d like to try Blogging, lets see what happens.

  • “Secondly, my writing is too poor to keep a Blog. I do publish - on this website and elsewhere - a lot of writing. But this has usually been much edited and changed before it sees the light of day. This allows me to exercise my thoughts and get them into clear(er) English.”

In writing this Blog I’m going to attempt to address this problem. Hopefully, I can keep my ideas to “bite sized chunks” which don’t need much editing. Secondly, I beg the readers forgiveness.

Lets see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.